Region 7 Resources
Welcome to SCPOAI
Who Are We?
Overeaters Anonymous (OA) is a Fellowship of individuals who, through shared experience, strength and hope, are recovering from compulsive overeating. We welcome everyone who wants to stop eating compulsively. Our primary purpose is to abstain from compulsive overeating and to carry the message of recovery to those who still suffer.
South Central Pennsylvania Intergroup (SCPOAI) is a part of Region 7 of OA (which serves Intergroups in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Washington, DC, and West Virginia). The Intergroup serves approximately 30 member groups in the South Central Pennsylvania area.
What Do We Do?
- We publish a newsletter ("Road to Recovery"), and meeting list.
- We maintain a hotline, providing meeting details and telephone contacts for when you get the urge to eat compulsively.
- We provide a holiday phone chain for support through the holidays.
- We provide outreach services to members in relapse.
- We sponsor and organize events such as Idea Day and Retreats.
- We meet regularly to allow groups to exchange ideas on how to carry the OA message and discuss group concerns.
Where South Central Pennsylvania Intergroup Meets
SCPOAI meets on the first Saturday of every month, at:
Lancaster Health Campus
Suburban Outpatient Pavilion
Building Number 2106
741 and the Harrisburg Pike
Third Floor Conference Room
Join us at 9:00 am for our business meeting.
Intergroup meetings scheduled for 2016 are as follows: Feb 6, March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, July 2, August 6, Sept 3, Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 3 (Dates are subject to change).
How To Contact Us
Write to: SCPOAI; PO Box 104 Camp Hill, PA 17011
Phone: (610) 370-9090